Among the benefits of being a part of the Citrus College Honors Transfer Program are:
- small class sizes offering individualized interaction between faculty and students.
- academic and social interaction with other highly motivated and successful students.
- Citrus College's membership in the Transfer Alliance Program that increases the likelihood of a successful transfer application to UCLA.
- Citrus College Honors Transfer agreements with local colleges and universities that provide priority processing on transfer applications, as well as other benefits.
- Honors Transfer identification on transcripts which offers advantages on transfer and employment applications.
- priority registration.
- opportunities to participate in Honors conferences and seminars.
- enhanced scholarship opportunities.
- special recognition at graduation.
Through small class sizes and high levels of interaction, the Honors Transfer Program fosters the formation of learning cohorts. Students will typically share multiple classes together which helps form a community of shared learning. Students have commented that real friendships have formed through the Honors Transfer Program and, oftentimes, students will transfer to a four year institution together, or know former Citrus honors students who already attend that institution.
You may also join the Beta Nu Eta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, a nationally recognized society for students with a 3.25 GPA and 12 or more units of college credit and/or the Citrus College Iota Chapter of Alpha Gamma Sigma, a California community college honor society for students with a 3.0 GPA and 12 or more units of college credit.
You can take advantage of the benefits and privileges offered by many universities through honors transfer agreements.
Citrus College has transfer agreements through the Honors Transfer Council of California with the following universities: UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton's Honors Business program, Occidental, Pitzer, Pomona, Loyola Marymount, University of San Diego, San Jose State's Engineering program and others.
Most of these universities offer:
- organized visits to their campuses to prepare you for transfer
- priority processing of admissions applications
- scholarship considerations
- opportunities to attend academic and cultural events at the universities
- use of university libraries
Check with the Honors Transfer Program Office or counselor for the most complete list of benefits.
Transfer agreements - http://www.honorstcc.org/transferagreements.html