The New Faculty Mentoring Program is designed to help newly hired faculty members become familiar with, and assimilate to, the campus environment. The program pairs experienced faculty members to serve as mentors to newly hired faculty for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Participating mentors attend an orientation session in September, meet monthly with their mentee throughout the academic year, and assist, orient, and mentor their mentee throughout the year. Mentors also participate in an end-of-year ceremony and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the program.
This program is open to Citrus College faculty who:
● are tenured full-time faculty member at Citrus
● have demonstrated leadership within the community college setting
● are motivated and committed to be fully engaged in the program and optimize the learning experience of their mentee
● have the ability and willingness to meet with mentee and participate in program activities
● are willing to share information, time, and talent with mentee
● will assist mentee in orientation and assimilation to the campus community
● will demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences
● will communicate District values and standards to new employees
● will act as positive role model for new employees
● Recognition and visibility as a contributing faculty member
● Opportunity to meet and to participate with other faculty and staff
● Opportunity for expanded professional growth
● Reimbursement up to $200 to cover expenses (lunch/coffee) for meetings with mentee
Please contact Jim McClain firstname.lastname@example.org (or on-campus extension 8749) or Eric Rabitoy email@example.com (or on-campus extension 8788) for additional information.