First Level: Initial Review
Within 21 calendar days of issuance of a citation, complete a Citation Appeal Form online at http://citruscollege.thepermitstore.com
After the appeal form is received, the reviewing officer will review the appeal and decide whether to uphold or dismiss the citation. The reviewing officer will make a determination as to its outcome by rendering one of the following decisions:
- The citation was determined to be invalid and will be dismissed. You will receive correspondence from Citrus College Department of Campus Safety confirming the dismissal of your parking citation.
- The citation was determined to be valid and payment must be submitted in full. You will receive correspondence from Citrus College Department of Campus Safety, typically within ten (10) business days, notifying you of the decision and advising you that the citation must be paid or appealed through the next step.
If your initial appeal is denied, you may set an appointment to meet with the administrative reviewer. The hearing must be requested within 21 days from the mailing of the officer's decision regarding the initial appeal.
Second Level: Administrative Review
For individuals whose appeals are upheld, a second level of appeal with an outside mediator may be requested. This will be your opportunity to meet with the administrative reviewer and state the nature of your appeal. The administrative reviewer is a third party person who is not employed within the department. During this time, you may submit any additional documentation or information pertaining to your case. If you cannot be present on the appointment date, your initial written appeal will be forwarded to the administrative reviewer. The administrative reviewer will review your case and make their decision to either uphold or dismiss the citation.
The Department of Campus Safety will provide the administrative reviewer with all relevant information associated with your case. Information provided may contain the following items:
- Copy of the citation you were issued.
- Photographs of the violation.
- All correspondence that Citrus College Campus Safety has on file that you submitted.
- Investigation results that were conducted associated with your citation.
- Correspondence and notices that were sent to you by Citrus College Campus Safety.
The administrative reviewer will review all information and listen to your explanation as to why you feel the parking citation should be dismissed. The administrative reviewer will end the hearing once he/she has enough information to render a decision. The administrative reviewer will render one of the following decisions:
- The parking citation is upheld; citation must be paid in full or appealed through the next step.
- The citation is dismissed; no fees are due.
You will then receive correspondence from Citrus College Department of Campus Safety regarding their decision. If resolution cannot be reached at this level, the third level of appeal is an option for all appellants.
Third Level: Court
If you are not satisfied with the decision of the administrative review, you may file a civil claim against Citrus College and further contest the parking citation by appeal through Citrus Municipal Court, located at 1427 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, California 91790. You cannot appeal a parking citation if you have not first obtained the results from your initial appeal and administrative reviewer appeal. Both must be performed before you can appeal the parking citation. To file for an appeal, you must do so in person at the Citrus Municipal Court, which has jurisdiction over all traffic violations on the Citrus College campus.