|8 Weeks - Distance Education course - starts April 21 to June 14|
|Students will be required to come to campus to take exams in the Testing Center.|
Welcome! You are looking at Business 146 - Personal Finance.
A course in personal finance including how to invest money, plan for retirement, developing a household budget, do income taxes and handle other areas important to individuals.
Required Texts: Person Finance 146 by Kapoor. Custom edition. McGraw Hill Publisher
Other Materials and Resources Required: Computer and Internet access is available at the Computer Center, the Library and the Learning Center for those students without computers or Internet access services. Netscape and Microsoft Internet Explorer are used on campus.
It is suggested that students have MS Word 97, MS Word 2000, MS Word 2002, WordPerfect 6.0, 7.0, or 8.0 in Windows format. If something else is being used, check with the instructor for compatibility.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Professor Richard Ghidella
- Teaches: Personal Finance, Real Estate Principles, Introduction to Business
- Education: MBA in Finance and Marketing from CSU, Fullerton, BS in Finance from CSU, Fullerton
- Professional Training, Certificates, Licenses: Real Estate Sales License
- Teaching Experience: 5 years full and part-time at Citrus College and Fullerton College
- Work Experience: One year of industrial communication equipment sales followed by 15 years at The Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California as a Senior Regulatory Field Inspector. Self employed business consultant developing company financial marketing, and management plans including assisting in the implementation of those plans.
In addition, I develop personal financial plans for individuals. During college I was an assistant manager for several retail stores and sold antiques on the wholesale market. Current member of the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Personal Interest: Camping with my family and flying to Oakland Raider games.
You will need to use your official Citrus College issued email account. Your email is established when you are registered for classes. You must have access to your email account prior to starting the class
Details regarding the course are set forth in the class website. When you go there (see below), pay particular attention to the syllabus section and the assignment section.
- Your WingSpan ID becomes your Blackboard Username
- Your WingSpan PIN (Personal Identification Number) becomes your Blackboard password
- To change your PIN/password requires, change it in WingSpan
- Data will be transferred from WingSpan to Blackboard on a regular basis
Once you get to the Blackboard welcome page, click on the Personal Finance course link on the right, and you will go to the course site. Familiarize yourself with the course site and if you have any questions please email your instructor with your concerns. Get your textbook and get started with your initial assignments. A major key to your success in this course will be keeping up with both the reading and the other assignments.
If you have a disability documented by a physician or other appropriate professional and wish to discuss academic accommodations, please contact the DSP&S office at (626) 914-8675. Please discuss your accommodations with your instructor by email. Be sure to allow at least one week for appropriate accommodations to be arranged.