|8 Weeks - Distance Education course - Start April 21 to June 14|
Course Description: Welcome to Computer Information Systems 230 Distance Education course, an online course that will teach you a second course in the use of microcomputers for personal and professional productivity. Students will use the personal computer to learn Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint) at an advanced level. Covers the advantages of using integrated software over a single application.
Course Introduction: All of the specific information for this course can be found in my "Orientation/Introduction" link in http://citruscollege.blackboard.com
In general you will be responsible for the following tasks when you enroll in this course.
- Install the SAM2010 software on your home computer in order to complete the quizzes and exams as scheduled on the syllabus. If you do not have a computer, you can use the computers in room IS107. The SAM software is already installed on these computers.
- Register your SAM2010 software at http://sam2007.course.com to activate your PIN (Personal Identification Number) that is valid for one semester.
- Obtain course assignments, quiz and exam information on my Blackboard site (see below)
- Read the syllabus and "Orientation/Introduction" information for this course.
Your final grade will be based on sixteen quizzes that you must complete via the SAM2010 (Skills Assessment Manager 2010) software.
Note: The Blackboard login procedure may not be operational until the first day of the semester.
You will need to use your official Citrus College issued email account
. Your email is established when you are registered for classes. You must have access to your email account prior to starting the class.
Details regarding the course are set forth in the class website. When you go there (see below), pay particular attention to the syllabus section and the assignment section.
- Your WingSpan ID becomes your Blackboard Username
- Your WingSpan PIN (Personal Identification Number) becomes your Blackboard password
- To change your PIN/password requires, change it in WingSpan
- Data will be transferred from WingSpan to Blackboard on a regular basis
Once you get to the Blackboard welcome page, click on the Microcomputer Applications II course link on the right, and you will go to the course site. Familiarize yourself with the course site and if you have any questions please email your instructor with your concerns. Get your textbook and get started with your initial assignments. A major key to your success in this course will be keeping up with both the reading and the other assignments.
If you have a disability documented by a physician or other appropriate professional and wish to discuss academic accommodations, please contact the DSP&S office at (626) 914-8675. Please discuss your accommodations with your instructor by email. Be sure to allow at least one week for appropriate accommodations to be arranged.