The Citrus College Foundation is a member of the Leave a Legacy Coalition of Planned Giving Round Table Councils, allied professionals and nonprofit organizations. The coalition was established to encourage and facilitate planned gifts that benefit our Southern California community while at the same time offering personal rewards to donors.
"Right this minute . . . right where you live . . . people like you from all walks of life, are giving their time and resources to causes and concerns, organizations and institutions that reflect their passions and their values."
-- Leave A Legacy Coalition of Southern California
Citrus College is deeply grateful to have some of these people as its volunteers and benefactors. Some of them are alumni of the college, others simply live or do business in the area served by the college. They all believe in the mission of the college and value the impact that it is having on the lives of its students and on the community at large.
Your gift of any amount to the Citrus College Foundation, through your will or estate plan, becomes a personal legacy that expresses your lifelong values . . . a legacy that will enrich the lives of others for years to come.
To take the first steps toward leaving a legacy through a bequest:
- Think about your personal financial planning and the importance of creating a will or estate plan. Even if your estate is a modest one, it is important to plan carefully to make sure your wishes are met.
- Consider the nonprofit organizations whose causes are important to you. Perhaps you or someone close to you has benefited from an organization's services, or you have been a volunteer, a supporter or simply a believer in the mission of the organization.
- Contact the Foundation Office, if Citrus College is among these, to arrange a campus tour or a meeting with the Foundation director and/or president of the college to learn more about the many programs and services that could benefit from a gift. One or more of these may strike a respondent chord and help you decide how to direct your gift. Or you may want to take the opportunity to learn more about the range of programs and services being provided by the college and make an unrestricted gift. This choice will allow the college officials to use the resources for the programs and services where the need may be greatest and for which limited state funding is available.
- Consult a professional financial or legal adviser. He or she can help you develop an estate plan that affords you the maximum tax and legal advantages allowed for your gift. The Citrus College Foundation maintains a register of qualified estate planning professionals including attorneys, certified public accounts and insurance professionals, which is made available upon request. You may also secure copies of informational brochures free of charge upon request. To receive single copies of any of the informational brochures listed below or a brochure about the Citrus College Foundation, please call the Foundation Office at (626) 914-8825.
- Estate Taxes
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Corporate Trustees
- Living Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Leave a Legacy
- Citrus College Foundation brochure