Outlines are most useful for material that is presented in a well-organized way and material that moves from main ideas to detail. Try following some of these suggestions for successful outline note taking.
- Use standard Roman numerals or a free form, indented outline to organize the information in a lecture.
- Organize your notes by major points and supporting ideas. This allows you to record and organize at the same time.
- Leave spaces between sections or main ideas.
- If the instructor returns to a point later, you can add information in the appropriate section.
|March 3, 2000 ------------------------- World History
The Russian Revolution
Wartime problems due to econ. Causes and mismanagement
- Collapse of the Imperial Regime
- WWI a cause of collapse of tsarism
- War aggravated inherent political weaknesses
- Government unable to get cooperation of the country in war effort
- Could not remain in war without/out political changes
- Russia more effectively blockaded than allies
- Poor organization and transport prevented use of internal resources Rasputin