- Tutors need to be enrolled in 12 units throughout Fall/ Spring semesters and 3 units throughout Winter/Summer semesters and have received a final grade of B or better in the class(es) he or she wishes to tutor, or be currently enrolled in the class and achieving an A.
- An instructor recommendation is required and your grade will need to be verified for each class or subject you will be tutoring.
- You must complete an initial training in tutoring methods, and participate in ongoing training.
Benefits of being a tutor:
- Helping students feel good about themselves as learners
- Giving something back to the college and your fellow students
- Reinforcing your own knowledge
- Excellent experience, may be listed on a college or job application
- Tutors are paid by the hour
To pick up an application and recommendation form, or for more information, stop by Tutorial Services in ED 216 or call (626) 914-8570.