101st CITRUS COLLEGE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
SATURDAY, JUNE 17, 2017
Location: Citrus College Stadium
When: Promptly at 9 a.m.
2017 Commencement Rehearsal, Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8 a.m. in the Stadium
2017 Commencement Ceremony, Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the Stadium
• In the event of rain, the ceremony will be held on Monday, June 19, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the Stadium.
• Please check THIS WEB PAGE on the morning of Saturday, June 17, 2017, for updates on weather related postponement. (Rehearsal details included below).
NO TICKETS REQUIRED!
• Family and friends are welcome. There is ample seating in the Stadium and no limit to the number of guests a graduate may invite. No guest tickets or parking permits required.
HAVE YOU COMPLETED A "PETITION TO GRADUATE?" (REQUIRED)
• In order to verify Associate Degree eligibility to graduate, each student must complete and submit a Petition to Graduate at the Counseling and Advisement Center (located at the top of the stairs in the Student Services building).
• Students will be notified via email from Counseling and Advisement regarding the status of the petition (eligible or ineligible).
• Eligible petitions will be forwarded to Admissions and Records for final review and approval.
must be completed and turned into the Counseling and Advisement Center no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2017.Students who miss this deadline will not be eligible to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony – no exceptions. Do not delay!
If you have not already done so, contact the Counseling and Advisement Center, as soon as possible, to submit a Petition to Graduate.
• Friday, June 16, 2017 in the Citrus College Stadium
• Arrive at 8 a.m. to check in, pick-up your name card, review the rehearsal outline, and form a procession line.
• Rehearsal will start promptly at 9 a.m. and will last approximately one and a half (1.5) hours.
Plan to attend rehearsal for important instructions! If you absolutely cannot attend rehearsal, a handout is available online for reference.
CEREMONY and ATTIRE
• Graduates will check in on Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 8 a.m., dressed in cap and gown, and ready to form the procession line. The ceremony will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
• Spiked heels are NOT allowed, as they damage the stadium turf and all-weather track. Platform shoes are an acceptable alternative.
Caps should be worn square-flat, with the point forward and the tassel on the right side.
RSVP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CEREMONY
Effective Friday, April 28 through Friday, June 9, 2017, all eligible students who have
1) completed a Petition to Graduate;
2) been approved eligible to graduate by the Admissions and Records Office; and
3) plan to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony,
must RSVP online.
• Only eligible students will receive an
RSVP email at their Citrus College email account.
The student RSVP email is the only way to let the college know that a student plans to attend the ceremony.
• Once the RSVP request is completed, the student name will automatically be added to the Commencement Confirmation RSVP roster, which allows the student to purchase a cap and gown at the Owl Bookshop and confirms attendance at the 2017 Commencement Ceremony.
NOTE: Students that do not RSVP and have not purchased a cap and gown at the Owl Bookshop are not eligible to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony.
• For reference, graduation materials will be emailed to eligible students at their Citrus College student email account, beginning April 28, 2017.
CAPS, GOWNS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, and GRAD FEST
Beginning Wednesday, May 10, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., students can purchase a cap and gown at the Owl Bookshop Grad Fest.
• All graduation related items will be available at a 10% discount during
Grad Fest. After Grad Fest, all items will be sold at full price during regular business hours.
• Graduates are encouraged to purchase their cap and gown early for the best selection of gown sizes.
• In order to receive announcements and/or rings in time for the ceremony, graduates are encouraged to place these orders at
www.jostens.com by April 11, 2017.
NOTE: The last day to purchase a cap and gown and to RSVP for the commencement ceremony is Friday, June 9, 2017.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE CEREMONY
• Dignitaries will lead the processional into the Stadium promptly at 9 a.m., followed by faculty, and graduates.
• Once dignitaries, faculty, and students are seated; the Superintendent/President and others on the program will speak to the graduating class.
• Students will then proceed to the stage, where their names will be read one-by-one, and a picture will be taken by a professional photographer, as they are handed their diploma cover.
• After all of the names have been read, there will be a brief ceremony wrap-up, followed by the recessional of the platform party dignitaries, faculty, and students.
• Guests are asked to be courteous to all graduates by remaining seated until the ceremony ends.
Air horns and other loud devices are NOT permitted at the ceremony.
• At the conclusion of the ceremony, guests may exit from the stands down onto the football field to meet with their graduate(s).
• Due to the large number of guests in attendance, the Stadium parking lot will be very congested. Please encourage guests to arrive
at least one (1) hour prior to the start of the ceremony (8 a.m.)
ACCESSIBILITY, STADIUM ACCESS, and SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS
• By law, we are required to keep aisles and walkways in the Stands clear in case of an emergency. An area has been provided for strollers just inside the south entrance to the Stadium.
NOTE: the stroller area will not be supervised!
Do not leave personal items in strollers.
• There are designated seats available on the Stadium track for guests with mobility challenges. Guests with mobility challenges can invite one attendant/family member to sit with them on the track in the designated seating area. Please ask campus safety personnel to direct you to designated seating.
NOTE: There is no disabled access to the stands from the east entrance to the Stadium. For disabled access, please use the north or south entrances located at the west end of the Stadium.
MAPS and DIRECTIONS
• Citrus College is located at 1000 W. Foothill Boulevard in Glendora at the intersections of Foothill Boulevard, Citrus Avenue, and Barranca Avenue.
The Stadium is located on Barranca Avenue, just north of Route 66.
• For directions, please review the following maps:
Citrus College campus map
Getting to Citrus College from your location
GPS Coordinates: 34.1308° N, 117.8840° W
HONOR SOCIETY RECOGNITION
• If you are a member of one or more of the Honor Societies listed below and you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, please make sure you have completed all necessary paperwork required for membership.
• Eligible Honor Society members will lead the ceremony processional, are recognized during the ceremony, and wear special stoles, cords and/or medallions. If you are not sure about eligibility please contact the appropriate advisor from the list below.
Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS) - Julie Law or Raquel Gutierrez at (626) 914-8530 or (626) 914-8639
Honors Transfer Program - Brian Waddington at (626) 857-4039 or Natalie Desimone at (626) 914-8639
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) - Brian Waddington at (626) 857-4039
Psi Beta - Jeffrey Thompson at
NOTE: The Honors Society membership deadline is Friday, April 14, 2017.
ASSOCIATED STUDENTS OF CITRUS COLLEGE (ASCC), EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Students who have successfully served one semester or more as an officer on the ASCC Executive Board are eligible to wear a special medallion indicating their service to the District. If you are planning to participate in the 2017 Commencement Ceremony, please go to the Student Life and Leadership Development office to confirm you are on the Executive Board graduate list and to pick up your medallion.
• Diplomas are mailed to graduates by the Admissions and Records office in late September through October. Diplomas are mailed to the address that is on record at the Admissions and Records office.
• Note: If your address has changed, please submit a "Student Update Form" to Admissions and Records, as soon as possible. The form is available here:
• Professional photography will be provided by GradImages.
• Each graduate will be photographed just prior to walking on stage, and also as they receive their diploma on stage.
• Picture proofs will be emailed to graduates, by GradImages, within one week of the ceremony.
• Photography orders are placed directly with GradImages. Order information is available on GradImages website at:
• Students that pre-register with GradImages will receive a $5 coupon toward their purchase.
FLOWERS, GIFTS, and REFRESHMENTS
• The Owl Bookshop will have light refreshments, flowers, balloons, and various gift items available for purchase in the Stadium, both before and after the ceremony.
NO ALCOHOL / NO SMOKING
• Coolers, bottles, and alcoholic beverages are
NOT permitted on campus or in the Stadium.
• Smoking is NOT permitted in the Stadium.
Citrus College Commencement Coordination
Office of Vice President of Student Services