It is challenging for students to leave their friends and family to come to a foreign country to study. Citrus College knows that as an international student you have special needs and concerns. Along with the many student service offices on campus, Citrus has an International Student Office staffed with friendly, knowledgeable people to help you at every stage of your studies. The staff is available to help you with personal concerns and academic concerns. We also keep you informed and in full compliance with the basic laws and regulations affecting international students.
The international student adviser at Citrus College is the liaison between you and college officials, instructors, staff, students and the surrounding community. The adviser can help you apply to Citrus College and obtain a visa for travel to the United States. The adviser can also answer any questions you may have about your application, the college or the surrounding community.
The staff of the International Student Office assist students with many issues, including:
- Admission to the Intensive ESL Program or the regular college program
- Academic course information
- Transfer from another school to Citrus College
- Transfer from Citrus College to another school
- Visa and immigration needs
- Employment information for international students
- Deferral of tuition payment
- Health insurance plan
- Student housing/homestay information
- Course registration
- Activities, events and trips
The International Student Office staff is trained and prepared to help students in many more areas as well. You will find that if they cannot help you directly, they will find someone who can help with any questions or problems which may arise. Citrus College wants you to be happy and comfortable while you are studying in the United States.