Included on this page are links to informative transfer sites, California private universities, California community college links and college tours.
- (ASSIST) Transfer Guidance: ASSIST is a web-based student transfer information system that contains data on course transferability to either CSU or UC. It also gives you a list of courses to take based on your major.
- CaliforniaColleges.edu: This site is the state's official web site, which provides information about higher education in California for students, counselors, and parents.
- California Postsecondary Education Commission: This site will help you search for a college in California, provide you with current legislation on higher education, information on transfer pathways, and much more.
- College Board Online: College Board's site allows you to find colleges that match your goals and interests. It offers a college search and teaches you about the application process, including online college applications.
- CollegeNET: The CollegeNet search engine has a college search component, financial aid information link, scholarship search, and extra college resources guide. It helps you find a school based on you interests/personality and the site contains 600,000 scholarship awards totaling over 1.6 billion.
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities: This site contains links to historically black colleges and universities (HBCU). You can search by geographic region, states, etc. Also provides career information and links to other sites specifically for African-Americans.
- NCAA Online: Provides information on eligibility and NCAA Clearinghouse regulations.
- Peterson's Education Center: Peterson's college database offers tips on how to write admission essays, apply for financial aid, learn more about colleges/universities, and career information.
- Princeton Review Online: You can search the site by a college's name, region, state, size, and cost. It offers students information about standardized tests, admissions, internships, financial aid, and career programs. You can even search by pre-professional programs in law or medicine. Also has some information for graduate students and business majors.
- Study Abroad: This site provides listings for thousands of study abroad programs in more than 100 countries throughout the world. Search for programs by country, duration, language options, subject of study, summer law programs, and links to learn more about travel essentials.
California Community Colleges
- Chancellor's Office: Use the links to find addresses, contact information, and web links for any of the 109 community colleges in California. Access the colleges by alphabetical order or organized by region.
Take a "virtual" college tour or purchase a group tour to visit campuses by region:
- Campus Tours: Campus tours assist students in getting a glimpse at many different colleges all across the US, via photographs, webcams, virtual tours, videos, animations, and much more.
- College Visits: For a fee, students can take a group tour of many different universities (tours are grouped by regions in the United States). College visits offers many different experiences for students such as helping them to obtain meetings with admission representatives, participate in student guided tours, learn about campus housing, provides you with educational material about the school, preps you with questions to ask, and much more.