At Citrus College, a high level of awareness is maintained to ensuring we serve the family members of those who have served in our Armed Forces. We take pride in providing excellent care and amenities for qualifying family members and dependents.
While attending Citrus College, dependents of U.S. military service members can find:
• counseling and support groups for dependents
• an in-house VA Certifying Official
• academic counseling and advisement tailored to your educational goals
• free tutoring.
All of these services are available to entitled dependents, under these Veterans Administration Programs:
Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry (FRY) Scholarship
Children of an active duty member of the Armed Forces who has died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001, are eligible for this benefit. A child may be married, or over 23, and still be eligible.
Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance – Chapter 35
To be eligible, you must be a spouse, son, or daughter (including stepchild or adopted child), of:
• a veteran who is permanently and totally disabled as the result of, or dies of, a service-connected disability. The disability must arise out of or be aggravated by active duty.
• a veteran with a permanent and total service-connected disability who dies from any cause.
• a service member who is missing in action or is captured in line of duty and is currently being held by a hostile force.
• a service member who is currently being forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power.
To apply for transfer of benefit entitlement, please refer to this link: http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2009/0409_gibill/