THE AIFS PROGRAM FEE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- pre-departure orientation at Citrus College and on-site orientation program in Florence consisting of a welcome reception, orientation meeting with AIFS staff, comprehensive student handbook with local area information and a half-day walking tour of Florence with a professional English-speaking guide;
- museum pass valid for the duration of the program with unlimited entry to the Uffizi Gallery, Accademia Gallery, Bargello National Museum, Pitti Palace, San Marco Museum and Medici Chapel;
- guided visits to the Uffizi and Bargello;
entrances to the Opera del Duomo, Baptistery, San Lorenzo, Santa Croce Basilica, Santa Maria Novella, Brancacci Chapel and Laurentian Library;
- excursion to Pisa by local train;
- day excursion to Siena and San Gimignano by private bus including guided tour in Siena;
- support staff in Florence. Fully staffed AIFS Student Center with services of an AIFS Program Coordinator and Student Services Advisors for general information, personal advising and 24-hour emergency contact service;
- free wireless Internet access at the on-site AIFS Student Center during class hours Monday-Friday;
- medical insurance and program fee refund insurance policies;
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
The program fee is based on enrollment.
If 30 or more students enroll, the fee will be $2,775 per person;
If 25-29 students enroll, the fee will be $2,845;
If 20-24 students enroll, the fee will be $2,975.
- round-trip airfare between Los Angeles and Florence, Italy, and transfers overseas between the airport and the program site on the specified program dates for $995;
- mandatory additional U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees and fuel surcharges of $669 (subject to change);
- $125 refundable damage deposit;
- optional three-day, two-night excursion to Rome for $495. Includes round-trip transportation; hotel accommodation in twin rooms with daily breakfast; entrance to the Vatican Museum, Colosseum and Roman Forum with guided tours; and the services of an AIFS Tour Manager. A minimum of 15 participants is required for this tour to operate;
- optional three-day, two-night excursion to Venice for $545. Includes round-trip transportation, two nights hotel accommodation in twin rooms with daily breakfast, vaporetto pass, half-day guided walking tour including St. Mark’s, entrance to the Doges’ Palace and the services of an AIFS Tour Manager. A minimum of 15 participants is required for this tour to operate;
- optional meal plan for $195 consisting of 10 vouchers for either lunch or dinner in local trattoria in Florence;
- community college enrollment fees;
- meals not listed above;
- passport and visa fees if applicable;
- personal expenses;
- optional personal effects coverage and medical insurance upgrade.
See Optional Transportation Package.
These fees are guaranteed not to change as a result of fluctuations with the monetary exchange rate.
Applications are accepted on a space available basis. Apply now! For detailed costs, payment schedule and transportation information, please download the Summer in Florence program application.