Program Fee $6795 includes:
- A escorted stay in a Madrid hotel on arrival including one night's accommodation (twin and triple rooms) in a three-star hotel on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- Group transfer by private bus from Madrid to Salamanca, escorted by the AIFS staff on Saturday, February 21, 2015, and from Salamanca to Madrid airport on Saturday, May 16, 2015.
- Accommodations in apartments in Salamanca. Apartments are fully furnished and equipped with facilities and equipment for cooking. Apartments include twin bedded rooms, lounge, TV, kitchen and washing machine. Each student will have a roommate from the program unless they select a single room. Roommates are selected by age, sex, habits and interests, and students are able to select their own roommates. Single rooms are available in the apartment for an additional $765 for the semester.*
- Orientation program in Salamanca, consisting of an orientation meeting with AIFS staff, information packet, half-day practical walking tour of Salamanca with English-speaking guide on Sunday, February 22, 2015, and welcome reception. Classes begin on Monday, February 23, 2015.
- A weekly social and cultural program (trips to museums, dance classes, cooking classes, historical/cultural sites, cinema evenings and sporting events).
- Spanish Culture and Civilization Course for all students enrolled on the program. The course will be coordinated by AIFS and will include a combination of weekly lectures, four local field trips and the following excursions: one full day excursion to Madrid, and one full-day excursion to Segovia and Avila.
- Farewell dinner in Salamanca.
- Transfer from Salamanca to Madrid Airport accompanied by AIFS Staff..
- Services of AIFS Student Services Staff throughout the semester.
- Free e-mail/Internet access at school; wireless in apartments.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies.
Program Fees do
* If students do not want to live in an apartment in Salamanca, they have the option of living with a host or family in a Salamanca homestay. Homestays include twin-bedded rooms, three meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner) five days per week plus breakfast on the weekends, and weekly laundry service. Homestay accommodations require an additional fee of $920. Each student will have a roommate from the program unless they select a single room. Roommates are selected by age, sex, habits and interests, and students are able to select their own roommates. Single rooms are available in the homestay for an additional $525.
Optional Transportation Package
- This program fee does not include the optional group airfare (See Optional Transportation Package below), additional mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes and fees for which the students will be billed separately, a refundable damage deposit ($250), passport fees, meals other than those indicated on the itinerary, personal expenses, any Southern California Foothills Consortium enrollment fees, and anything not specified.
Excursion to Morocco $465
- On a space-available basis, students may purchase the optional transportation package consisting of round-trip transatlantic airfare (Los Angeles - Madrid - Los Angeles) and roundtrip transfers between the Madrid airport and the hotel in Madrid for a supplemental fee of $725, excluding mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges for which students will be billed separately (estimated at $625).
It includes round-trip group transportation by private, deluxe air-conditioned coach from Salamanca to Algeciras, and a round-trip ferry crossing between Algeciras and Ceuta, two nights in a tourist class hotel with participants housed in twin and triple bedded rooms in the city of Tetuan, a guided visit of historic medina bazaar of Tetuan, a guided visit of the historic center of Tangier, and a guided visit to the city of Chef-Chaouen. All means in Morocco are included, as well as the service of a multi-lingual AIFS Tour Manager and professional local guides in all three cities are included at a cost of $465 per student.