Program Fee $6425 includes:
- Overnight stay in a Madrid hotel on arrival including one night's accommodation (twin and triple rooms) in a three-star hotel with breakfast included.
- Group transfer by private coach from Madrid to Salamanca, escorted by the AIFS Program Coordinator.
- Accommodations in apartments in Salamanca. Apartments are fully furnished and equipped with facilities and equipment for cooking. Apartments include twin or triple-bedded rooms, lounge, TV, kitchen and washing machine. Each student will have a roommate from the program unless they select a single room. Roommates are selected by age, sex, habits and interests, and students are able to select their own roommates. Single rooms are available in the apartment for an additional $595 for the semester.*
- Orientation program in Salamanca, consisting of a welcome reception, an orientation meeting with the Salamanca AIFS staff, and half-day guided walking tour of Salamanca.
- A weekly social and cultural program (trips to museums, historical/cultural sites, cinema, sporting events).
- Spanish Culture and Civilization Course (Art, History, Literature, Culture) to include the following two Friday full-day guided excursions for all students: Segovia, Avila and Madrid.
- Farewell dinner in Salamanca.
- Escorted group transfer at end of program from Salamanca to Madrid.
- Services of AIFS Student Services Staff throughout the semester.
- Free E-mail/Internet access at school; wireless in apartments.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies.
- * If students do not want to live in an apartment in Salamanca, they have the option of living with a host or family in a Salamanca homestay. Homestays include twin-bedded rooms, three meals daily (breakfast, lunch and dinner) five days per week plus breakfast on the weekends, and weekly laundry service. Homestay accommodations require an additional fee of $1,000. Each student will have a roommate from the program unless they select a single room. Roommates are selected by age, sex, habits and interests, and students are able to select their own roommates. Single rooms are available in the homestay for an additional $475.
Program Fees do not include:
- This program fee does not include the optional group airfare (See Optional Transportation Package below), additional mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes and fees for which the students will be billed separately, a refundable damage deposit ($250), passport fees, meals other than those indicated on the itinerary, personal expenses, any Southern California Foothills Consortium enrollment fees, and anything not specified.
Optional Transportation Package
- On a space-available basis, students may purchase the optional transportation package consisting of round-trip transatlantic airfare (Los Angeles - Madrid - Los Angeles) and roundtrip transfers between the Madrid airport and the hotel in Madrid for a supplemental fee of $645, excluding mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges for which students will be billed separately (estimated at $614).
Excursion to Morocco $445
It includes round-trip group transportation by private, deluxe air-conditioned coach from Salamanca to Algeciras, and a round-trip ferry crossing between Algeciras and Ceuta, two nights in a tourist class hotel with participants housed in twin and triple bedded rooms in the city of Tetuan, a guided visit of historic medina bazaar of Tetuan, a guided visit of the historic center of Tangier, and a guided visit to the city of Chef-Chaouen. All means in Morocco are included, as well as the service of a multi-lingual AIFS Tour Manager and professional local guides in all three cities are included at a cost of $445 per student.