The 2018-2019 Citrus College Research in Science and Engineering (RISE) teams are: the
Rocket Owls and
Rocketry and Robotics teams.
Vision: Citrus Research in Science and Engineering (RISE) will work toward ensuring that all Citrus students who are interested and committed to enrich their education with team-based, year-long research projects culminating with intercollegiate competitions in STEM fields gain such experience. In addition, RISE will create opportunities for participant students to make their work public and to become active participants in increasing STEM awareness throughout the community by conducting presentations and facilitating hands-on workshops for K-8 students.
The mission of the RISE program at Citrus College is to assist students in:
• Identifying projects based on what they are passionate about
• Defining research goals
• Working toward accomplishing their research goals
• Presenting and publishing research findings
• Spreading their knowledge and passion about science and engineering to the community
• Seeking funding for their research and outreach efforts
California Space Grant Consortium
Glendora Unified School District
Bassett Unified School District
Mathematical Association of America-Tensor Foundation
Popla International Inc.
Timothy J. Ferguson, M.D.
Rosalinda and Leigh Buchwald
For more information about the Citrus College RISE program, please contact Dr. Lucia Riderer, RISE faculty advisor,