What is the difference between a financial aid "disbursement" and "refund"?
Disbursement Date: This is when the financial aid department authorizes your financial aid eligible and disburses your financial aid to your Citrus College student account. This process is completed by the end of the day of each scheduled disbursement.
Financial Aid Refund: After financial aid is disbursed to your Citrus College student account, any remaining credit after applicable charges are paid on your account will be refunded to you through BankMobile.
Refund Deposit Date: This is the date funds will be transferred to BankMobile and will be disbursed based on your preference selected. Please allow an additional three to five business days for any funds to transferred to your personal bank account.
What happens if I enroll in a late start class?
A late-start class is a class that begins after the first week of the semester. Your initial disbursement
may be less if you enrolled in any late-start classes. The reason is because we cannot pay you financial aid until you have started attending the class.
Late-start classes are typically paid on or before the
Federal Pell Grant recalculation freeze date.
What about the CCPG (California College Promise Grant)? Will I get those funds disbursed to me?
The CCPG does not disburse to you in the form of cash. It's a fee waiver that remains available to waive eligible enrollment fees as you register for classes throughout the year.
What are the additional details I need to be aware of?
- Federal Pell Grants are divided into two (2) disbursements each fall and spring semesters (depending on when your file is processed and the number of units you are in at the time of disbursement).
- Winter term units are combined with spring term units and the Federal Pell Grant is disbursed during the spring semester.
- If you reduce your attendance after your first disbursement, you may end up owing money back.
- Depending on your eligibility, if you increase your attendance status, (e.g., go from half-time to three-quarter time), you may be eligible for additional funds. Adjustments are made on or after the 10th week of the semester.
- Summer disbursements are contingent upon remaining Federal Pell Grant eligibility and meeting the
Please refer to the
financial aid terms of offer for additional financial aid information.
Why didn't I receive all my Federal Direct Loan disbursement?
First-time Federal Direct Loan borrowers must wait 30 days from the first day of the scheduled start date(s) of classes to receive their first disbursement. If this date does not fall on one of the scheduled disbursement dates, please refer to the Federal Pell Grant scheduled disbursement dates for alternate dates that loans may disburse.
- Federal Direct Loans are disbursed once each semester. However,
if you are attending only one semester of the award year, your direct subsidized and unsubsidized loan(s) will each be divided in half and paid in two disbursements. The second disbursement will be at the midpoint of the semester.