Citrus College received $7,429,415 in CARES Act funds. Fifty percent of the allocation, $3,714,708 will assist as many as 6,629 students currently eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. The other half of the funding is allocated to institutions to partially offset any allowable costs associated with significant changes to the delivery of instruction due to the coronavirus.
As of June 15, 2020, Citrus College has disbursed a total of $2,440,125 in CARES Act funds in the form of emergency financial aid grants to 6,611 eligible students.
The method used by Citrus College to determine which students receive emergency financial aid grants and how much each student will receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act includes the following:
- Students must be enrolled in at least 0.5 units for spring 2020.
- Students must have a valid
2019-2020 Free Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) on file with Citrus College.
- Students must have remaining financial aid eligibility. Students who have exceeded their eligibility will need to submit an additional form.
- Students must make a refund selection via BankMobile to have their grant funds deposited into their personal checking or savings account or into a BankMobile checking account.
Citrus College will automatically award and disburse emergency financial aid grants to eligible students. The amount of the grant will be prorated based on the student's enrollment status.
- Students enrolled full-time [12 or more units] will receive a grant in the amount of $500.
- Students enrolled three-quarter time [nine (9) to 11.5 units] will receive $375. Students enrolled half-time [six (6) to eight and one-half (8.5) units] will receive $250.
- Students enrolled less than half-time will receive $125.
Eligible students will receive an email with their award detail.
Citrus College anticipates making additional emergency financial aid grants in summer 2020 and/or fall 2020. Citrus College is committed to supporting you in any way possible. Should you have any questions regarding the emergency financial aid grants, please reach out to the Financial Aid Office at (626) 914-8592 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial Aid staff are here to assist you.