Maintain Loan Eligibility
It is recommended students have and maintain a 2.0 GPA at all times. See
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards.
Request a Federal Direct Loan
To be eligible for a Federal Direct Loan, you must:
- be enrolled in at least six (6) units;
- submit a FAFSA application, even if you don't think you are eligible for federal financial aid;
- wait to receive an "award letter" from the financial aid department at Citrus College;
- be enrolled in 2021-2022 courses (with the exception of Study Abroad students);
- and if you are a first-time borrower, you must complete online entrance counseling and complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Loan request forms for the 2021-2022 academic year are available online:
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Request
Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loan Request
First time Federal Direct Loan borrowers must wait 30 days from the first day of your scheduled start dates of classes to receive your first disbursement. If this date does not fall on one of the scheduled disbursement dates, please refer to the Pell Grant scheduled disbursement dates for alternate dates to receive loans.
Additional Financial Aid Loan Resources
Financial Awareness Counseling Tool
Citrus College Financial Aid has teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions is a service of the non-profit organization ECMC and is dedicated to helping students manage educational loans. Their resources are available to you free of charge. To contact an ECMC Solutions student loan repayment advisor,
web chat, or call them at (877) 331-3262.