Family and friends are welcome. There is ample seating in the stadium and no limit to the number of guests a graduate may invite. No guest tickets or parking permits required!
Friday, June 12, 2020 in the Citrus College stadium.
- Arrive at 8:30 a.m. to check in, pick-up your name card, review the rehearsal outline, and form a procession line.
- Rehearsal will start promptly at 9 a.m. and will last approximately one and a half (1.5) hours.
- Plan to attend rehearsal for important instructions! If you absolutely cannot attend rehearsal, a handout will be included in the information email that will be sent to all eligible graduates on April 24, 2020.
Saturday, June 13, 2020 in the Citrus College stadium
- Graduates check-in on Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 8 a.m., dressed in cap and gown, ready to form the procession line.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 9 a.m.
- In the event of rain, the ceremony will be held on Monday, June 15, 2020, at 6:30 p.m. in the stadium. Please check this website for weather related postponement.
NOTE: Spiked heels are NOT allowed, as they damage the stadium turf and all-weather track. Platform shoes are an acceptable alternative.
- Friday, April 10, 2020 no later than 4 p.m. – the deadline for students to submit a graduation application. This is required for all students that plan to participate in the 2020 ceremony.
- Friday, April 24, 2020 through Friday, June 5, 2020 – the deadline for students to RSVP to attend the 2020 Commencement Ceremony (Refer to RSVP details below).
- Friday, June 5, 2020 – the deadline to RSVP and purchase a cap and gown in order to participate in the ceremony.
NOTE: Students that miss the above deadlines will not be eligible to participate in the ceremony – no exceptions.
- Friday, April 10, 2020 – the deadline to complete Honor Societies membership paperwork for recognition at the 2020 ceremony (Refer to Honors Society details below).
In order to verify student eligibility to graduate, each student must complete and submit a graduation application to Admissions and Records no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Students who miss this deadline will not be eligible to participate in the 2020 Commencement Ceremony, no exceptions. PLEASE DO NOT DELAY!
GO TO THE ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS WEBSITE TODAY TO COMPLETE YOUR GRADUATION APPLICATION at
All eligible graduate students who:
- complete and submit a graduation application to Admissions and Records by Friday, April 10, 2020 deadline;
- have been approved by Admissions and Records as eligible to graduate; and
- plan to participate in the 2020 Commencement Ceremony,
must RSVP online.
- The link to
RSVP along with other graduation related information will be emailed to eligible students using their student email account.
- Only eligible students will receive the information email on Friday, April 24, 2020 (student email account). This information email should not be forwarded.
- Students who
RSVP will automatically be added to the ceremony confirmation roster, which allows students to purchase a cap and gown at the Owl Bookshop.
RSVP link will open on Friday, April 24, 2020 and will close on Friday, June 5, 2020 at 4 p.m.
NOTE: Students that do not RSVP will not be eligible to participate in the ceremony –
- Students can purchase a cap and gown along with other graduation related merchandise at a 10% discount beginning Tuesday, May 12, 2020 and Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at the Owl Bookshop Grad Fair! After the Grad Fair, all items will be sold at full price during regular business hours until Friday, June 5, 2020.
- Graduates are encouraged to purchase their cap and gown early for the best selection of gown sizes.
- In order to receive announcements and/or rings in time for the ceremony, graduates are encouraged to place their orders with Jostens at www.jostens.com by Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
NOTE: The last day to purchase a cap and gown at the Owl Bookshop is Friday, June 5, 2020 no later than 4 p.m.
- Dignitaries lead the processional into the stadium
promptly at 9 a.m., followed by faculty and students.
- Once everyone is seated the Superintendent/President and others will speak to the graduating class.
- Students will then proceed to the stage, where their names will be read one-by-one, and a picture will be taken by a professional photographer, as they receive their diploma cover. Official diplomas are mailed to students by Admissions and Records, at the end of September.
- After all of the names have been read, there will be a brief ceremony wrap up, followed by the recessional of the dignitaries, faculty, and students.
- Guests are asked to be courteous to all graduates by remaining seated until the ceremony ends.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, guests may exit from the stands down onto the football field to meet with their graduates, family, friends and faculty members.
NOTE: Air horns and other loud devices are NOT permitted at the ceremony.
Due to the large number of guests in attendance the stadium parking lot will be congested. Please encourage guests to arrive one (1) hour prior to the start of the ceremony (8 a.m.). There is no charge for parking.
By law, we are required to keep aisles and walkways in the stands clear in case of an emergency. There are designated seats available on the stadium track for guests with mobility challenges. Guests with mobility challenges can invite one attendant or family member to sit with them on the track in the designated seating area. Please ask campus safety personnel to direct you to designated seating.
NOTE: There is no disabled access to seating in the stands from the east entrance to the stadium. For disabled access, please use the north or south entrances located at the west end of the stadium.
An area has been provided for strollers just inside the north and south entrances to the stadium.
NOTE: The stroller areas are NOT supervised! Please DO NOT leave personal items in strollers.
If you are a member of one or more Honor Society (listed below) and plan to participate in the 2020 Commencement Ceremony, please make sure you have completed the paperwork required for membership by Friday, April 10, 2020. If you are not sure about eligibility, please contact the appropriate advisor from the following list.
- Alpha Gamma Sigma (AGS) - Raquel Gutierrez or Autumn Esparza at (626) 914-8530
- Honors Transfer Program - Brian Waddington at (626) 857-4039 or Eileen Sin at (626) 914-8530
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) - Brian Waddington at (626) 857-4039 or Olivia Canales at (626) 914-8626
- Psi Beta - Jeffrey Thompson at
Honors Society graduates who complete membership requirements by the deadline, are recognized at the ceremony with the Associated Students of Citrus College.
Students who have successfully served one semester or more as an officer on the ASCC Executive Board are eligible to wear a special medallion indicating their service to the college. If you are planning to participate in the 2020 Commencement Ceremony, please go to the Office of Student Life and Leadership Development to confirm you are on the Executive Board graduate list and pick up your medallion.
ASCC Executive Board graduates are recognized at the ceremony with Honors Society graduates.
Diplomas are mailed to the student's physical address (on file at Admissions and Records) at the end of September. For detailed information please go to
If your address has changed or will change, please submit a Student Update Form to Admissions and Records, as soon as possible. The form is available here:
Professional photography will be provided by GradImages.
- Each graduate will be photographed just prior to walking on stage and again as they receive their diploma.
- Proofs will be emailed to graduates (by GradImages) within one week of the ceremony.
- Orders are placed directly with GradImages and information about ordering is available on the GradImages website at www.gradimages.com/Preregistration
- Students that pre-register with GradImages will receive a $5 coupon toward their purchase.
The Owl Bookshop will have light refreshments, flowers, balloons and various gift items available for purchase in the stadium patio areas, both before and after the ceremony.
Coolers, bottles, and alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted on campus or in the stadium.
Smoking is NOT permitted in the stadium.