Accordion Content

College students have many responsibilities as they balance personal obligations with homework, class schedules, fees and books. Because they are pulled in so many different directions, many students experience increased levels of stress or anxiety. Citrus College provides the resources listed below in an effort to ease some of these pressures.

Food Pantries and Resources

  • Find a nearby food bank through the Find Help website.
  • Download the WIN app to easily connect to resources near you. This application provides quick access to resources, such as shelter, crisis, food drop-in centers and much more.
  • For more resources, visit the Resources for Students in Need web page.

Homeless Youth and Foster Youth Liaison
The homeless youth and foster youth liaison, who works in the financial aid department, is specifically trained to assist homeless students and former foster youth students with applying for financial aid and to provide information about available services. Contact the financial aid department at (626) 914-8592, ext. 8584.

Personal Counseling
Students who may need personal counseling services can make an appointment at the Student Health Center for free. Students are allowed a maximum of six individual counseling appointments per semester. If they require additional visits, they will be referred to outside agencies. The Student Health Center is located in SS 148. By appointment only, call (626) 914-8671.

Free Medicine
Students who are sick can visit the Student Health Center free of charge for treatment of acute illnesses, as well as to get free non-prescription medicine for colds, allergies and indigestion. The Student Health Center also provides a variety of other free services to students, including visits to see the nurse practitioner or physician. Some tests, medications and procedures require a minimal fee. The Student Health Center is located in SS 148. By appointment only, call (626) 914-8671.

Alternatate transportation (bus and rail) pass

Additional Support Services
If you need support services outside of the areas listed above, call the "211 Directory." This is a confidential service that connects people with free resources in their local area, such as food, clothing, shelter, counseling or medical care. Simply dial "211" from any phone and let the operator know your general location and what services you need.

Display Order
Content Type: Accordion
Back To Top