FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Executive Director of Communications and External Relations
Citrus Community College District Seeks Applicants to Fill Vacancy in Trustee Area 1
Azusa, Calif. (Sept. 9, 2020) – The Citrus Community College District Board of Trustees is seeking applicants to serve the remaining term of Dr. Barbara R. Dickerson, governing board member, who will step down as the trustee for area 1 on Sept. 14.
Trustee area 1 includes Azusa and portions of Duarte.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Sept. 25, 2020. The board of trustees will interview candidates during its public meeting on Oct. 6, 2020, and anticipates making a provisional appointment that evening. The appointee will take office at the Nov. 17, 2020, board of trustees meeting, and will serve until the next regularly scheduled election for trustee area 1 on Nov. 1, 2022.
To be eligible to serve as a member of the board of trustees, an applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a citizen of the state of California
- Be a resident of trustee area 1, which includes Azusa and portions of Duarte
- Be a registered voter
- Not be disqualified by the constitution or laws of the state of California from holding a civic office
Interested candidates must have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the board, which include:
- Participate fully in the work of the board, which includes attending all board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs
- Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the college and be willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities
- Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social and economic policy issues
- Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to collaborate and build consensus
- Contribute to effective functioning of the board and support the authority of the board as a whole
Visit the Citrus College website at www.citruscollege.edu/admin/bot for an application and for more information about the college and the board of trustees.