Black Scholars is designed to promote Black excellence through history, scholarship, and community. By participating, our community of faculty, staff, and administrators will empower students to thrive academically and be prepared to transfer, enter the workforce, and build a community of support and friendship.
La Quirshia Fennell, counselor/coordinator
Dominic Jacquet, educational advisor
To join Black Scholars, please
submit an online application. Once you have submitted the application, please
schedule an intake appointment to meet with Dominic Jacquet or La Quirshia Fennell.
Benefits of Black Scholars
- Counseling and advisement support
- Learning community courses
- Cultural events
- Leadership opportunities at the college
- Community service opportunities
- Black Scholars recognition ceremony