Citrus College delivers high quality instruction to students both within and beyond traditional geographic boundaries. We are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and learning environment by providing an open and welcoming culture that supports successful completion of transfer, career/technical education, and basic skills development. We demonstrate our commitment to academic excellence and student success by continuously assessing student learning and institutional effectiveness.
Citrus College is a safe, friendly, accessible environment where all students and community members may optimize their academic, career, and cultural development.
As Citrus College continues to advance as a dynamic center for life-long learning, we will:
- provide general, lower division coursework leading to an associate degree in the arts or the sciences;
- prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities;
- offer technological services and support for students, faculty, and staff;
- deliver programs to improve basic math, reading, communication, and ESL skills;
- grant opportunities for students to develop a global perspective through a curriculum with international and multicultural applications;
- furnish support services for the intellectual and personal development of all Citrus College students, including opportunities to participate in campus governance;
- foster a comprehensive and enriching program of extracurricular activities;
- conduct community education programs that encourage learning at every stage of life;
- award occupational certificates and degrees for career preparation and advancement;
- administer customized training programs for business and industry;
- increase career development support for students, faculty, and staff through career exploration,
- counseling, job preparation, job opportunities, and academic and classified staff development;
- collaborate with local high schools in articulation and curriculum development;
- advance cultural and personal enrichment programs for the college and community members, and promote inter-collegiate competition opportunities for students.
Citrus College will provide excellent educational opportunities that are responsive to the needs of the community and help students meet economic, social, and environmental challenges to become active participants in shaping the world of the future.
1. Student Focus : Meeting community and student needs by creating an educational environment and culture so students can attain a variety of goals.
2. Excellence : Maintain a high standard of integrity and performance leading to the achievement of academic and professional goals.
3. Collaboration : Seeking input from all sectors of the college and the community.
4. Diversity : Fostering a learning community in which the values, goals, and learning styles of all students are recognized and supported.
5. Life-Long Learning : Serving enthusiastic, independent thinkers and learners striving for personal growth.
6. Integrity : Behaving ethically in all interactions at all levels.
7. Technological Advancement : Keeping pace with global technology trends and enhancing traditional instruction with technology to prepare students for success in the work place.