Citrus College engages in program review throughout the institution to ensure responsiveness to the needs of the college community and to ensure students the opportunity to achieve outcomes in areas of institutional core competencies. Toward this end, the following institutional activities occur:
- Program review processes are in place and implemented regularly.
- Dialogue about the results of all program reviews is evident throughout the institution as part of discussion of institutional effectiveness.
- Results of program review are clearly and consistently linked to institutional planning processes and resource allocation processes.
- The institution review and refines its program review processes to improve institutional effectiveness.
- The results of program review are used to continually refine and improve program practices resulting in appropriate improvements in student achievement and learning.
Program review is conducted on a six-year cycle in these four major areas.
Academic/Instructional Programs (e.g. academic disciplines) Program review is also conducted on a two-year cycle in for career-technical instructional programs.
Instructional Support (e.g. library, learning center, honors, learning communities)
Student Services (e.g. counseling programs and services, admissions and records, EOP&S, DSP&S)
Institutional Support (e.g. human resources, technology, research, facilities and construction)
Instructional programs (academic disciplines and career and technical education programs) conduct program review as identified in the Instructional Program Review Handbook. Many career and technical programs complete a two-year review, as well. All instructional programs engage in an annual update of their program review recommendations.
Instructional support and student services areas conduct program review as identified in the Non Instructional Program Review outline.
Institutional support areas conduct program review as identified in the Institutional Support Program Review outline.
Institutional Planning and Budgeting - All program reviews are discussed and validated in the appropriate standing committees of the Steering Committee and then forwarded to the Steering Committee and Board of Trustees for information. Resource needs identified in this process are forwarded through the deans, directors, and the appropriate vice president for consideration in planning and budgeting processes.