The Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC) is a standing committee of the Citrus College Steering Committee. The purpose of IEC is to review and make recommendations on matters regarding institutional effectiveness, i.e. the review and assessment of the integrated planning process. The committee is charged with advancing the college mission by promoting an ongoing, collegial, self-reflective dialogue leading to data-driven decision-making. The committee engages in the design and implementation of assessment tools that evaluate and improve institutional effectiveness. Also, the committee oversees functions and responsibilities related to ACCJC Standard I.B. Institutional Effectiveness. (I.A.2, I.A.3, I.B.1, I.B.3, I.B.4, I.B.5, I.B.8, I.B.9)
- Contribute to and participate in accreditation-related activities, such as the ACCJC annual report and institution-set standards. (I.B.3)
- In support of the Program Review Committee, continue to conduct assessment of program review and student learning outcome processes in all four areas (academic support, institutional support, instruction, and student services) in order to assess and improve collegewide engagement in institutional planning. (I.B.7)
- Annually review the highlights of the Strategic Plan, Educational and Facilities Master Plan (EFMP), Enrollment Management Plan, Technology Plan, Sustainability Plan, and Human Resources Plan. (I.A.2, I.B.9)
- Every other year, review and update the Integrated Planning Manual.
- Ensure that the college conducts a cyclical review of the mission statement in alignment with the Integrated Planning Manual process. (I.B.5)
- Contribute to data analysis and development and implementation of assessment tools in support of student success and eliminating opportunity gaps.
- Discuss other relevant topics pertaining to institutional effectiveness as needed.
Responsibilities for 2022-2023
- Review the ACCJC draft standards
Frequency of Meetings
Monthly, during primary terms
Day/Time of Meetings
4 p.m. to 5 p.m. following the last Steering Committee meeting of the month.
The number of members is recommended by IRPC and approved by the Steering Committee. Representatives from constituent groups are selected by those groups:
Approved by IEC on September 26, 2022