All members of AGS are continuing members until they have fulfilled their service requirements and completed an application for permanent membership (this is during graduation). Neither temporary, nor permanent membership, in AGS is automatic.
Students may apply for temporary membership each semester if they meet the following requirements.
- Students are eligible to become continuing members of Iota chapter if they have accumulated 12 or more units in no more than three semesters and if their cumulative GPA is no lower than 3.0 with no grade in any individual course lower than a "C."
- Students must apply for continuing membership each semester until they have applied for permanent membership. Neither continuing, nor permanent membership is automatic. To be eligible for continuing membership, students must maintain their cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher with no grade in any individual course lower than a "C."
- Continuing members will receive one semester grace if their semester GPA falls below 3.0, but their cumulative GPA remains at 3.0 or above. There shall be no two consecutive grace periods. A semester counts as a grace period if a continuing member opts for a pass/ no-pass grading scale in all courses. Members who are currently in a grace period may not apply for a scholarship.
Associate membership in the Iota Chapter of Alpha Gamma Sigma may be granted to all life members of the California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society, or anyone with a 3.5 non-weighted GPA during their first semester at Citrus College. They shall have all the privileges of regular continuing membership except that of holding elective office.
To be eligible for permanent membership in Alpha Gamma Sigma, students must complete at least 60 units and attain one of the following objectives:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.25-3.49, with three or more semesters of AGS membership and 45 total service hours, including:
- 20 AGS-related hours
- 15 community service-related hours
- 10 flexible (AGS or community service-related) hours
- A cumulative GPA of 3.50 or better, with two or more semesters of AGS membership and 30 total service hours, including:
- 20 AGS-related hours
- 10 community service-related hours
All permanent members will be listed on the Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Roll at graduation.
Only permanent members shall be entitled to receive the official gold seal of Alpha Gamma Sigma on their diploma and wear a gold stole at graduation.
Guests who are not able to become continuing members may be invited to AGS meetings, unofficial events, and official events on campus. They may attend until they are able to apply for temporary membership. Guests may not vote at AGS meetings and/or attend official events off campus.