The assessment and orientation process is an effort by Citrus College to provide students with the finest academic advisement and counseling possible. The orientation offers valuable information about the college and useful tips in helping students to complete their programs successfully. Orientation topics include:
• academic expectations and progress and probation standards
• maintaining registration priority
• prerequisite or co-requisite challenge process
• maintaining Board of Governors Fee Waiver eligibility (planning in progress)
• description and access of available programs, resources, financial aid assistance and campus facilities
• academic calendar and important timelines
• registration and college fees
• available education planning services
• Citrus College email set-up
• WingSpan Registration System tutorial
• English/ESL and math placement levels
• and more.
ORIENTATION IS REQUIRED
All nonexempt first-time students are
REQUIRED to complete an orientation session by the following deadline dates based on the term in which the application was submitted:
Summer/Fall Applicants - October 31
Winter/Spring Applicants - June 30
All future registration will be withheld from students who have not completed orientation by the established deadline dates. Students who believe they are exempt or those who want to read about procedures for challenging matriculation regulatory provisions can refer to the Student Success and Support Program section in the Schedule of Classes or Citrus College Catalog.
ORIENTATION OPTIONS: Orientation can be satisfied via in-person or online
In-Person Orientation (recommended for new students)
New Student Assessment/Orientation Session
Early Decision Day at Citrus College (only available through high school districts)
For orientation completion credit, it is important to access the English, Spanish or Accessible versions (not Guest version), accurately enter Citrus College ID number (begin with capital A or CC), complete all quizzes, and print out the "Congratulations" page at the end of the workshop.
Please note: The online orientation is updated periodically.