Citrus College Cosmetology Program
1964 to 2024, 60 Years
The Citrus College Cosmetology program:
- Meets the California State Board of Barbering and Cosmetology requirements for examination
- Features a comprehensive curriculum
- Prepares students for a wide range of careers within the beauty industry
- Offers theoretical and practical instruction
- Provides the latest techniques in haircutting, hair color, chemical texture, hair design, skin and nail care, and sales and entrepreneurship
Full-time (Daytime) Program
- 50-53 units*
- You may start the program in August, October, February, April or June
- Minimum of 1,262.5 hours
- Required courses: (for course unit amounts, click on the course title and you will be redirected to the college catalog)
- Elective courses:
See class schedules for individual courses times as days/times vary.
*The 50-53 total units of the certificate of achievement are applicable toward the associate degree. Students must pass each course with a grade of "C" or higher to receive a certificate of achievement and be eligible to take the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology written exam.
ASSOCIATE DEGREE : Associate of Science in Cosmetology
CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT : Cosmetology
How to Apply and Register
Apply for admission
- Apply for financial aid at
- You will receive a welcome email containing your student ID
- Complete the online
New Student Orientation
an appointment with a CTE counselor to discuss your academic goals and create an education plan
Register for courses
- Attendance on the first day of class is mandatory or you will be dropped
The lecture is both synchronous and asynchronous, while the lab is in person and on campus.
- Nail technician
- Texture specialist
- Wedding/event stylist
- Kit fee (approximately $2,400) must be paid by the Friday before the first day of class
- Hours from other schools are not accepted
- Passing the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology written exam is required to obtain licensure
The "Citrus Salon" provides an outstanding educational environment for students as they perform services to peers, faculty, staff and the community.
For program information and fees/estimated costs of the program, call (626) 914-8710.
(content from tri-fold brochure 04 2023, information and fees quoted subject to change)