The CDC notes that we can all help respond to this public health threat by taking simple, everyday precautions to prevent the spread of coronavirus, the flu and other infectious diseases.
IF YOU ARE SICK OR SYMPTOMATIC, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.